Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.com

Forgotten Purrs

A Warrior Cats roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Character Updates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magpie
Administrator

PostSubject: Character Updates   Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:36 am

So this is for the character creation things. Approved characters mainly. As you know, when we roleplay them characters change a lot, they become warriors, they win battles, they break the Warrior Code. So in the end, they might be very different from how we first wrote about them in the character bios. This is especially for younger characters, for example my cat Toxin is a rogue kit, but I plan on him joining LC and becoming almost a different cat altogether. (Bit of an exaggeration. . . . He'll always be a jerk. You get my point though. :3)

If someone is going through old topics, like a leader updating the Clan members list or something like that, if they aren't reading every topic in their Clan (which I don't expect them to do) then they might read something old, and say that a warrior is actually an apprentice or kit in their Clan. There are other cases too, but this one seems the most obvious to me. So what I was thinking is that maybe we could make updating your character bio a must, like a new rule basically. You can keep the old bio to show how the cat has changed, but you should also update it or make a new one. (Making a new one wouldn't be making a new character. Just filling out a new template as an update for an old character.)
Right now updating is optional.

There is one thing that would be tricky for this, and that's character age. No one really keeps track. So if anyone has any ideas about that say so.

This is just a suggestion, don't plan on adding it unless anyone agrees. :3

Leader

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 pm

I like the sound of this idea. And 'vote' for it to happen XD

Also, instead of listing an exact age, one could say their character is in a certain stage of life. This meaning, their character is a young adult, experienced warrior, senior warrior, and so on, instead of listing 'moons'. It could still be a little tricky, as most everyone ages their character at a different pace. So two characters that started off as kits at the same time could become a young adult while the other is a senior warrior at the same time. But hey, it's much better than an exact number, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunny
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I like this. I have seen a few other sites doing it and I love the idea of it. I also think your suggestion for the age is a good point Star

Last edited by Sunny on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I put Blue instead of Star *facepalm*)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holo
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Its a great idea, like when someone keeps pictures or their art to see how much theyve improved over time. Quite interesting. As for the age I just put down a random number now XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magpie
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Glad you guys like it. ^^ Star, love your aging idea. I think it would work well. Even now people age their characters differently, at least for how many moons they've grown compared to real life times.

WarriorsFest Queen

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Ugh. Sounds like so much work but I guess it's a good idea xDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magpie
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am

XD Yeah, I think that would be the only problem though. ^^ Next update I will add this. :3

PostSubject: Re: Character Updates   

Back to top Go down

Character Updates
Page 1 of 1