Posts : 1810
Join date : 2011-09-12
Location : The driveway of justice
|Subject: Site Rules: MUST READ Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:22 pm|| |
These are the basic site rules, for both roleplaying and interacting out of character.Here
are the consequences for breaking rules.
- No real swearing--use cat terms such as "mouse-brain" or "foxdung" in roleplay. Shortened or abbreviated versions of swears are allowed (i.e., "FML," "WTF"), as well as words like "freaking" or "sexy," but do not use asterisks or other replacements to stand in the place of swears.
- You may only have one account. Sharing an account with a sibling or other person is not allowed--both of these cause confusion and frustration. A sibling is free to create an account here, but they must wait 24 hours after you make yours. Please tell an administrator if a sibling creates an account here, otherwise their account may be deleted.
- Be nice. Simple enough.
- No sexuality or pornographic content is allowed. No pictures, videos, or text is ever allowed. Mild references are okay, but if you wouldn't find it in a Disney movie, you shouldn't be able to find it here. (Note: Disney movies often do have sexual references. Just not bad ones.)
- Do not spam. Spam (Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Messages) is defined here as not contributing to a conversation while posting. Do not post only a smiley face, or one word posts (if a staff member is approving a character, this is fine). In the chatbox spam is allowed, but do not go overboard.
- Do not advertise. You may include a link to your website in your profile or signature, but do not talk about it in the chatbox or elsewhere in the forum (unless you
re posting in the Advertisements section). Also, do not copy this site directly (we will look for this).
- Do not ask for, or reveal, personal information. This includes last name, city, address, phone number, zip code, IP address, etc. It doesn't matter how old you are; it doesn't matter if you know the person in real life. This will NOT be tolerated as it threatens your personal safety.
- No god modding, or controlling another person's character. No killing another person's character without their permission. Do not include another person's character in a prophecy without their permission. Respect other players.
- Be realistic. No unusual fur colors, special powers, wings, etc. Your cat is not invincible. It will eventually die.
- When you create a character, put "I like purple giraffes" somewhere in the post, so we know you've read the rules. (This is only needed for your very first character.)
- All prophecies must be approved by a moderator or administrator before they can be put into action. Make sure you have the whole prophecy planned out before asking one of us to approve it. We expect you to know what you're doing, and who knows, maybe we'd like to get involved too!
- Make sure you roleplay in third person. First and second person, especially if you have different characters, can be confusing if everyone is using it.
Last edited by Magpie on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 11 times in total