Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warrior Cats roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Empty
PostSubject: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Copied and pasted material from the following website: Warriors Official
Forums

To conclude, I would recommend using only these prefixes and suffixes
to create realistic and accurate warrior names from the Warriors
series.

Also, we should study the Tribe's naming system more in-depth.

"Many of the characters in the Warriors novel series undergo a number of name changes.
In
most cases a character is given an individual 'first' name by their
mother upon birth, based on a particular physical or behavioral trait
such as fur colour (Cinder, Ash, Fire, Gray), limb length (Spider,
Long), eye colour (Heather, Yellow) or resemblance to another animal
(Hawk, Jay, Squirrel).
The first name serves as the first half of
the character's name, to be followed by a 'suffix' name based on the
character's position within the Clan. Kittens are given the suffix of
'-kit '(i.e. Snowkit, Molekit), while apprentices are given '-paw' (i.e.
Hollypaw, Jaypaw). When the character reaches warrior status, the Clan
leader selects a new suffix name for them based on another trait such as
personality (-heart), appearance (-fur, -pelt, -claw, -stripe, -face,
-nose), choosing the suffix in honor of a previously fallen warrior
(-feather) or an environmental condition or location (-pool, -shine,
-frost, -blaze). All Clan leaders take the suffix '-star' (Bluestar,
Sunstar) and deputies retain their warrior name until made leader.

Characters
not belonging to the five 'original' Clans (ThunderClan, RiverClan,
WindClan, ShadowClan and SkyClan) typically do not follow this naming
structure and do not have suffix names. Additionally, the Tribe of
Rushing Water follows its own naming conventions.

If I appear to
be missing a prefix or suffix, please let me know. Ideally, this list
contains only prefixes and suffixes used in the books.

|| Prefixes

A
Acorn
Adder
Amber
Ant
Apple
Arch
Ash
Aspen

B
Badger
Bark
Beech
Beetle
Berry
Birch
Bird
Black
Blizzard
Blossom
Blue
Bounce
Bracken
Bramble
Branch
Brave
Breeze
Briar
Brindle
Bright
Bristle
Broken
Brown
Boulder
Bumble
Buzzard

C
Cedar
Cherry
Cinder
Claw
Cloud
Clover
Coal
Copper
Creek
Crooked
Crow

D
Daisy
Dapple(d)
Dark
Dawn
Dead
Dew
Drift
Dove
Duck
Dusk
Dust

E
Eagle
Ebony
Echo
Eel
Ember

F
Falcon
Fallen
Fallow
Fawn
Feather
Fennel
Ferret
Fern
Finch
Fire
Flame
Fleet
Flint
Flower
Fly
Fog
Fox
Frog
Frost
Furze
Fuzzy

G
Gold(en)
Goose
Gorse
Grass
Gray
Green

H
Hail
Half
Hare
Hawk
Hay
Hazel
Heather
Heavy
Hollow
Holly
Honey

I
Ice
Ivy

J
Jagged
Jay
Jump

K
Kestrel
Kink

L
Lake
Larch
Lark
Leaf
Leopard
Light
Lightning
Lily
Lion
Little
Lizard
Log
Lost
Low
Long
Loud

M
Mallow
Maple
Marsh
Meadow
Midnight
Milk
Minnow
Mint
Mist(y)
Mole
Moon
Moss
Mossy
Moth
Mottle(d)
Morning
Mouse
Mud(dy)
Mumble

N
Nettle
Night

O
Oak
Odd
Olive
One
Otter
Owl

P
Patch
Pear
Pebble
Petal
Pigeon
Pike
Pine
Plum
Pool
Poppy
Pounce
Prickle

Q
Quail
Quick

R
Rabbit
Ragged
Rain
Rat
Raven
Red
Reed
Ripped
Ripple
Robin
Rock
Rose
Rowan
Running
Rush
Russet
Rye

S
Sage
Sand
Scorch
Seed
Sedge
Shade
Shadow
Sharp
Sheep
Shell
Short
Shred
Shrew
Sky
Silver
Slate
Sleet
Sloe
Small
Smoke
Snake
Sneeze
Snow
Song
Soot
Sorrel
Sparrow
Speckle
Spider
Splash
Speckle(d)
Spot(ted)
Starling
Stone
Storm
Stripe(d)
Stumpy
Sun
Sunny
Squirrel
Swallow
Sweet
Swift

T
Tall
Talon
Tangle
Tawny
Thistle
Thorn
Thrush
Thunder
Tiger
Timber
Tiny
Toad
Torn
Trout
Tumble
Twig

U
--

V
Vine
Viper
Vixen
Vole

W
Wasp
Weasel
Web
Weed
Wet
Whisker
White
Wild
Wind
Willow
Wolf

X
--

Y
Yellow

Z
--

|| Suffixes

A
--

B
Bee
Belly
Berry
Bird
Blaze
Branch
Breeze
Briar
Brook

C
Claw
Cloud

D
Dapple
Dawn
Drop

E
Ear
Eye(s)

F
Face
Fall
Fang
Feather
Fern
Fire
Fish
Flame
Flight
Flower
Foot
Frost
Fur

G
Gaze

H
Hawk
Head
Heart

I
--

J
Jaw

K
Kit

L
Leaf
Leap
Leg
Light

M
Mask
Mist
Moon

N
Nose
Night

O
--

P
Pad
Path
Paw
Pebble
Pelt
Petal
Pool
Poppy
Puddle

Q
--

R
--

S
Scar
Shade
Shadow
Shine
Sky
Song
Snow
Splash
Spot(s)
Spring
Star
Stem
Step
Storm
Stream
Strike
Stripe
Spirit

T
Tail
Talon
Thorn
Throat
Tooth
Tuft

U
--

V
--

W
Water
Watcher
Whisker
Whisper
Willow
Wing
Wish

X
--

Y
--

Z
--"

I do not own any of this Warrior Cats Official Forums' user's gathered information from the Warriors series.

Hi, Knyfe! :D
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Hai. xD

I'll edit a different topic of names later (the one from Wetpaint FP). :3
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 pm

We should make a Wiki. Or turn the Wetpaint thing into an information source... thing.
And I'mma remind you about the Clan leader group business until it's deleted. >:3 Bah ha ha. XD
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:12 am

Mhm, it's a hidden group now. I'd like it to be a group of some sort, though, because the leaders are important. :3

Imma add an in-site Wiki later. :3
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 am

The people who own characters that are Clan leaders are important, but they don't need their own group... I think.

Anyways, Polar wasn't a warrior name prefix on this list. ...
Back to top Go down
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:57 am

Stop bashing my name will you?

And why do you want to delete the Clan Leader Group? That seems pointless to me. The people with Clan Leader Characters NEED to be distinguished. Otherwise the other members may get confused when they're roleplaying together. Even if you only hide the group, people wouldn't know they were a Clan Leader. It defeats the purpose. People with Clan Leader's on their account deserve to be recognized, they keep the Clans running.
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm not bashing your character's name. If I was bashing your character's name, then I would be swearing and giving you crap about it. I only said, "Anyways, Polar wasn't a warrior name prefix on the list."
But Knyfe only made the groups hidden. You don't need to attack me for giving my opinion.
I'm a very realistic roleplayer and only like to keep things organized. I'm not trying to tick anyone off or totally change up the site. Knyfe and I were administrators of the old Forgotten Purrs websites (I was; I have proof. The old FP was actually called United Clans). I'm only trying to help!
Back to top Go down
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 pm

You posted it two places about my name. I'd much rather you'd stop -_- It just seems like you're trying to force me to change it.

And I'm not attacking you, I'm simply disagreeing. No need to get so defensive.

You would react the same way if a stranger came into your favorite rp site and tried to change a lot of stuff, especially when it doesn't really need changing.

I'm a realistic rp'er too *Kidswow rp is solely for fun. Some people need to get the unrealistic rp out of their systems from time to time.* And I love organization. You don't need to prove the you were an admin before, Magpie already proved that on the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:17 pm

BluePolar&Lost wrote:
People with Clan Leader's on their account deserve to be recognized, they keep the Clans running.
People with "Clan leaders on their account" doesn't make them any more powerful than a person roleplaying an elder or a kit. Every roleplayer should give their own idea about how the Clans should be running. Not just the roleplayer! Personally, I believe the administrators, moderators, and helpers should have the most power of what happens in the roleplay. The roleplayers simply roleplay the Clan leaders.

And believe me, I know how it feels to be bashed and told to change everything you've worked hard on. I was NOT TRYING TO FORCE YOU TO CHANGE IT. I am simply trying to help you understand that it's not so realistic.
Back to top Go down
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of doing anything unrealistic.

I'm not saying that the Clan Leader people are more powerful. But without them playing those character we couldn't have Gatherings, the Clans themselves wouldn't be organized, and there couldn't be battles. I'm personally very thankful for Darkstar and Hollowstar, Magpie too.

I don't think that giving those members their own color is going to make them more powerful. I think it helps a lot. That way we all know exactly who is a leader and who isn't. I think it helps everyone just to have a Clan Leaders group.
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 pm

It is unrealistic. ;)

I just think we should have a better name for the group if we're going to require to be for people who own Clan leader characters. We could name it "Owners of Leader, Deputy, and Medicine Cat Characters" "Leader, Deputy, and Medicine Cat Roleplayers" or something like that. Simply calling it "Clan Leaders" could confuse people, like me.
Back to top Go down
Little*Dreamer
Administrator
Little*Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm

No one has had that problem with the groups before. I'm certain it does make scence. I don't expect any of the people to be a leader OOC..... They groups don't give you power just like on any site if you made a warriors fan group, then you would not have power over all warriors RPGs... Its just to distinguish who plays each kind of character.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/brickbybrickpro/videos
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Little*Dreamer wrote:
No one has had that problem with the groups before. I'm certain it does make scence. I don't expect any of the people to be a leader OOC..... They groups don't give you power just like on any site if you made a warriors fan group, then you would not have power over all warriors RPGs... Its just to distinguish who plays each kind of character.
I understand that. I just don't like the name being simply "Clan Leaders."
Back to top Go down
Little*Dreamer
Administrator
Little*Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Then why do you approve of members, artist, etc. They distinguish the same thing...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/brickbybrickpro/videos
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 pm

You're the only one here who has not approved of this so far.

I'm asking you politely to stop accusing me of being unrealistic. I will report you to Magpie. Just because you two are old friends doesn't mean she's going to let you run about the site doing and saying whatever you want. You have to follow the rules just like everyone else.

Telling me that I'm roleplaying unrealistically is irritating and mean. And since I've already asked you to stop, and you insist on continuing, that's surely against the rules.
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Clan leaders and artists and members and administrators are totally different things. "Roleplayers of Clan Leaders, Deputies, and Medicine Cats" would be a better group name. You have all of these site ranks listed and then a random "Clan Leaders" group, which could make you think of many things. "Roleplayers of Important Characters" would make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

But they're not all of those things. They're Clan leaders only. you're wanting to make a group with a very long name, that'll stretch across the page. No one cares to read that, it's so unnecessary.

I say we should keep the site simple. Having a Leader group is not confusing. It's common, and is seen on most every rp site. Everyone is familiar with it. If you really are confused, Sage, then you must be the only one. Because like Dreamer said, no one else has been confused or complained about that group. And I don't think it should be taken out just because of one person.
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 pm

BluePolar&Lost wrote:
You're the only one here who has not approved of this so far.

I'm asking you politely to stop accusing me of being unrealistic. I will report you to Magpie. Just because you two are old friends doesn't mean she's going to let you run about the site doing and saying whatever you want. You have to follow the rules just like everyone else.

Telling me that I'm roleplaying unrealistically is irritating and mean. And since I've already asked you to stop, and you insist on continuing, that's surely against the rules.
I'm sorry. I just have a certain way of roleplaying which I have been accustomed to for a while. ._. And even if you do report me to Knyfe, she will understand (not because we've been friends for a while.)

I roleplay the way I roleplay. You roleplay the way you roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:55 pm

You can roleplay however you want to, obviously. But you shouldn't try to change the way everyone else is roleplaying. We're all roleplaying realistically, just not as strictly as you are.
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I know you are. ._. That's why I'm not going to be trying to help this site out anymore.

I know you're going to get smart with me with this comment, "That's fine with us! You're irritating and mean anyway!" You haven't met me. If you knew me, you would find out that I'm NOT irritating and mean. I'm quite the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 pm

XD Girl. I am 15. I'm not 11.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:19 pm

*sighs* Everyone has their own style of Roleplaying. I understand your point Sage. Warriors Rp should be realistic, but so far... This is the most realistic and fun site I have been on. Being over-strict and not allowing certain things is going to make this site unbearable and boring. Some people may make up strange warrior names and be silly sometimes, but that is all for fun, I't shouldn't be stopped unless it gets way out of hand in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://sylarsushicat.deviantart.com/
Star
Leader
Star

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I agree with Fox.

We've got rules, and we're strict. No one ever breaks the rules here, as we have too much fun for that. If you add too much though... Just, let people make weird names. Sure some are reallly 'dumb' *excuse me to anyone who may be offended* and most of us scoff at those too XD But there are kids here, younger kids, and they want those names. If we tell them they can't have them because they're not realistic enough, they'd be insulted and never rp here.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Polar also means "opposite in character or action: The two have personalities that are polar." or "central; pivotal: the polar provision of the treaty." (Copied from Dictionary.com) So it wouldn't be a problem.

Sage13 wrote:
I just think we should have a better name for the group if we're going to require to be for people who own Clan leader characters. We could name it "Owners of Leader, Deputy, and Medicine Cat Characters" "Leader, Deputy, and Medicine Cat Roleplayers" or something like that. Simply calling it "Clan Leaders" could confuse people, like me.

"Owners of Leader, Deputy and Medicine Cat Characters" is a bit lengthy, if you know what I mean. In the group description, it described that the group members roleplayed characters that were Clan leaders. These members definitely do not have more power than others. In fact, I have only talked to Darkstar a few times. The same with Mothstar, and the old Hollowstar. Leaders have quit, or been replaced because of inactivity.

I'm not going to take sides on this, and I'm sorry if it looks like I am. I'd post more but my friend is over and I don't have the time. . . . So I am locking this to avoid further argument. The suggested feature is currently being added. No more discussion is needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes   I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I found a great list of warrior name prefixes and suffixes
Page 1 of 1