Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warrior Cats roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sketched Map of Territories

Go down 
+3
Holo
Star
Estrella
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 26123q0
Bad quality. As you can see I have horrible handwriting and drawing skills when I'm in a hurry. I didn't draw this on the computer obviously. I would have just as much trouble.

EDIT: Added a Thunderpath because of a BoulderClan post describing a Thudnerpath in/near their territory.

Last edited by Sage13 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 am

Youre welcome :3
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:10 am

I like it, but my map is the way it was before. >.> So ignore that bit. :3 I can upload it later today.
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:23 pm

No one forget about our creek please :C its making me OCD to have it in the RP but not the map
Back to top Go down
Estrella
Honorary Member
Estrella

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 pm

HollowStar~ wrote:
No one forget about our creek please :C its making me OCD to have it in the RP but not the map
Which creek? o.o
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Its in duskclan, read the description. It mentions that part of streams river branches off into DC creating a creek. Its pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 am

I tried to make a creek but I dunno if it's good. . . . Probably not what you had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:27 am

Doesnt matter if its included.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 pm

This is Blue on Fox's account,

I had some ideas for the LightningClan and BoulderClan territory, can we please hold off adding to the territories until I get it posted up? I drew a map, but I need to scan it and put it on here O3o

It involves the LightningClan and BoulderClan border being separated. They could never meet, In my territory sketch there is a sort of.... Gap in the territories. The lake in the middle runs off to the right and forms a churning river that goes out of the map. It separates the territories, you can kind of think of it as a miniature 'canyon' with a river running through so that no one could pass. Though there could be a huge fallen tree or something nearer to the water and down the abyss that connects the two. I think this could add a lot of rp opportunities.

DRAW
Back to top Go down
http://sylarsushicat.deviantart.com/
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 pm

But if BC is separated from LC then it would be isolated D: (this being if the twolegplace is next to BC, I dont know that for a fact I just say that cause of the thunderpath being in BC)
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Before another person draws ANOTHER map, can you please look at the clans? Someone? Anyone? I keep mentioning this. Heres some important points:

SC: has river around it and streams running into it
DC:has a creek that branches off from the river in SC
LC:has the greenwood (considering LC is an open moor, this is probably their only trees and therefore significant)
BC:has the thunderpath (which makes me think BC is near Twolegplace but this is not a fact and no one has to follow this, just an opinion really)

These are key points in the territories and people are ignoring them D: and I dont mean to get angry but its bothering me because no ones even listening to me half the time when I mention this. Its like everyones saying "haha thats nice" then going on without taking these details into consideration. And no, im not just making these things up, im trying to help. The RP wont make sense if the topics added arent included. Im sorry if I offend anyone, but its been bothering me for some time now

(*note:some people took what I said into consideration. Thanks guys *cries in corner*)
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 am

SlateFoxenCrow wrote:
It involves the LightningClan and BoulderClan border being separated. They could never meet, In my territory sketch there is a sort of.... Gap in the territories. The lake in the middle runs off to the right and forms a churning river that goes out of the map. It separates the territories, you can kind of think of it as a miniature 'canyon' with a river running through so that no one could pass. Though there could be a huge fallen tree or something nearer to the water and down the abyss that connects the two. I think this could add a lot of rp opportunities.

Lookit Lawless Land's description:
Quote :
Few dare venture out into this dangerous chasm. Crowfood is usually found here, killed by a stray monster or some unknown beast.
Lawless Land is a chasm. Perhaps that could be in the middle.

So. For the map. I think we should combine all our sketches, then choose one artist for the final draft. But I would also like more detailed versions of the map, i.e. if you pressed a zoom button you could see all of DC's territory instead of just a blob that says "DuskClan Territory".

And yeah. Make sure to include the landmarks Holo mentioned. I will be re-doing my sketch later, since I never got around to uploading the old one (procrastination for the win).

And sorry if this interferes with anyone's sketches, I'd just like to make a few pointers for where the Clans' territories should be positioned and a bit more about them:

SC- The river does not have stepping stones, but there is a small isthmus (look it up if you don't know) between the two river which wraps around. I imagine it sorta like this
Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSxZgk9Im0xskv2-YXY2zY-zluWzp-AuIRNspACrN-cd9oBud8Ng
but straighter at the end. The middle of the spiral being the camp.

DC- Just what Holo said. Whether the creek cuts into the territory or borders it is up to you.

LC and BC- LC surrounds BC. This is a bad example but
Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Blank-map-of-europe

See the Gulf of Bothnia? That'd be BC, and surrounding (it would be made thinner) would be LC. I want BC to be big, and LC to be long and thin.

Make of this what you will.
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Thanks maggie, that puts things in to perspective :3 Im sorry I had a moment there
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Honorary Member
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 pm

*rasies hand* I have been working on a sketch...
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:00 am

Yes, Ill scan it for you on monday
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 pm

XD Hollow, me and Blue HAVE been looking at what the territories are like, so don't worry.. Maybe everyone should get their map sketch in and then we should compare them and then decide what we want changed and such
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

(And not many sketches have been put up yet, so that doesn't mean that we haven't been listening or paying attention Hollow.) ALso I was thinking that the twoleg place was bordering DuskClan and StreamClan. It doesn't have to be, I just know Hollowstar used to always visit there... all the time XD
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:18 pm

XD do not, I USED to visit there, and that was for pepper. I took my responsibilities into consideration as Deputy and eventually Leader and stopped that. It wasnt realistic but I wanted to adopt Pepper/Buttons. And no one has said so when describing their maps. I guess wherever the twolegplace goes isnt such a big deal. But dont forget to connect the thunderpath somehow, if it comes to that, some of the other clans could add it to their territory if need be.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:25 pm

This is not my finished MAP D: So don't hate on it too much, If you must do it politely and constructively. Thanks XD Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Map_te10
There are a lot of things that need to be changed as perviously mentioned in this forum XD but I will fix that, you can still tell me what you want changed though

Last edited by SlateFoxenCrow on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Pretty good :3 needs a few changes, like the creek for example (yes, Im going to obsess over that. Idk why.) But its great so far.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:39 pm

what needs to be done
1. Have a creek that branches off from SteamClans river that flows into DuskClan.
2. Make the streamclan river into an ithmus. (sp XD) that eventually flows into the lake
3. Curve LightningClan around Boulderclan, with a chasm between it. (The chasm will be connected to the lake slightly so yeah XD)
4. Figure out where we want the twoleg place (I like it bordering Dusk and Stream) and put thunderpaths down
5. What else? XD
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Me and Sun talked about this a bit, ummm lets see. The chasm might be a problem, because if you dont go with a circle layout then BC will be isolated from the other clans because, due to the descriptions. SC and DC HAVE to be next to each other due to the creek, then LC would probably be after that, then there would be BC. I was hoping to stray away from the circle layout, of course my opinion doesnt matter in the end XD its a great RP idea, but if we choose another type of layout then BC will be all alone across the chasm. We could put it right in the middle? But thats only if we did something ASIDE from the circle layout.

All in all this is sort of an opinion but kind of true.
BC+Chasm=possible isolation
Even if we put LC on the other side on the chasm, there would still be a clan isolated.
But this is only IF we choose another layout aside from the circlelike one.
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Random11 Just thinking, maybe the territories could be like this> idrk if this helps XD just trying to brainstorm stuff,

Last edited by SlateFoxenCrow on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Yes, I kind of like the idea of that :3
Back to top Go down
Shard
Honorary Member
Shard

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Map_dc10
talkin to hollow about the lake and the island and and maybe how Duskclans meadow could make a good meeting place XD

Last edited by SlateFoxenCrow on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:24 pm

X3 well lets not call its DC's meadow if we go with it, it sounds... possessive. I wouldnt want any single leader having power over the meeting place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sketched Map of Territories   Sketched Map of Territories - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sketched Map of Territories
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next