Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warrior Cats roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1/3/2012: Forum Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

1/3/2012: Forum Review Empty
PostSubject: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:21 am

I requested a review of this forum and it was recently completed:

1/3/2012: Forum Review Yourfo10
Forgotten Purrs

1/3/2012: Forum Review ForumActivity
    So judging the forum activity on the index view, I will rate it as an average forum activity, I see that there are several forums with new posts being posted 'yesterday' which is already a good thing for a growing forum, while there are also alot of forums without new posts, most of the posts on those forums are posted on the last 3,4,5 or more days which isn't a good thing to look at if a guest is viewing the forum, I suggest starting new interesting topics on most of the inactive forums to start the activity on those inactive forums, but it's good to look at that each forums have a good amount of posts and topics, just keep the activity rolling and it will look even better. Examining the forum statistics, the forum has 45 members, and 6830 posts, which is already a quite good statistics for a starting forum. It's also good to see that the forum had already 16 members being the most online out of 45 which is already a big thing for a forum, I'm also impressed to see that a lot of members had already logged within 6 hours according to the statistics. Very good work on the activity of the forum.

1/3/2012: Forum Review R_good10

1/3/2012: Forum Review StaffUsergroups
    So as of now, there are 8 groups on the forum, most of the groups seems to be confusing to the forum, including the 'Legend' group, so it means anyone can be a member of this group that have contributed alot? and it looks like that this group is higher than the admin position, this group can be renamed as a 'VIP members', 'Contributors' etc. Those names are more professional, and the administrator group should always be the first group in line since they're the highest, the helpers group is also confusing, is the forum all about helping or providing support? I'm not yet sure about this group but there is already a moderator group that c be like helpers. The other groups such as 'Artists' and 'Senior member groups' are not yet needed for now since the forum is still small, you can remove most of the excess groups that you think is just a waste for a starting forum, try to focus on the forum's activity and important groups first rather than having less important groups which are not yet really helpful at the forum for the meantime.

So let's get to the number of staff members, I think there's only one administrator, the other account is a test account, one administrator is perfectly fine for now since the forum is still small, 1 moderator is also fine for the meantime since the forum isn't really that populated to handle, It's also good to see that staff members are active on the forum.

1/3/2012: Forum Review R_fair10

1/3/2012: Forum Review R_aver10

Last edited by Magpie on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:26 am

*feels awkward* XD I feel like we were being watched...jkjk. Umm, how to respoonddd....okay so, each of the groups have a meaning and make people feel special. I feel like maybe that's why Maggie created them, in a way. So that we don't all have the same color and so that people don't complain so much about being...normal/average. Legends refer to those who have left the site or passed on. It's there to honor the ones that are important, the ones that simply can't be here. That meant a lot to me, and probably Sun too when we saw her name there. The members put there won't be forgotten. The "VIP members" and "Contributors" seems a bit stiff. "Helpers" is more "This person is kind of in training to be a mod, and this is an easier way of saying that." I kind of think of the helpers as the "Possible future mods" since they're probably the ones you'd pick to be mods first. The artists group show people who to ask for the avatar point reward. The "Senior member group" Is for those of us who were here since the beginning, the ones that helped the site grow and haven't left Maggie's side. In other words, not your average members.

I only addressed the members part, because I felt this was the most opinionated. All of my reasons were opinionated as well, but it's my way of giving reason to why they're there. I don't mean to offend, don't mean to come off as defensive. I just felt like someone had to say something about it. Instead of pointing out why they shouldn't be there...I wanted to point out why they should.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Yeah, I feel the same way about the groups. :I
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Wait, with me or the review? X3 I dont think theyre all that confusing, they have descriptions
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

With you. x3
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm

X3 yeah, I didnt think that bit was fair. Nor did I agree with the part about the staff, the average rating they gave us. Because when you have too much staff, then nothing will go right. If we had 50 million admins and a bunch of mods and helpers, then there would be too many people arguing about things and no one really "helping".
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:18 pm

xD I think that's what they meant. :3
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:22 pm

i know, but if they thought it was so great whyd we get just average XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/3/2012: Forum Review   1/3/2012: Forum Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/3/2012: Forum Review
Page 1 of 1