Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warrior Cats roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorchwhisker
Apprentice
Scorchwhisker

Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Hallo there! Has there ever been a time when you've had a great idea for a cat, but you couldn't figure out how to make a good biography? Ever get tired of trying, and just skip everything? Well, here's a guide to help that writer's block!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NAME GAME: Be creative, have imagination... but please don't name them Starstar, pawpelt, Greenpelt. No cat has a green pelt. When coming up with a name for your cat imagine something you can relate them to. Are they bouncy and happy, like a rabbit? Are they feirce and strong, like a badger? Are they sly and sneaky, like a fox? There are so many easy ways to create your cats name! Does your kit/cat have an imagination? What about Painted? There are even other names you can use to describe your cats personality. Ever use synonyms? Sometimes going to Thesarus.comĀ  may help you. Now... lets move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AGE TIME: Now this is rather simple right? Depends on what rank your cat is. Are they kits? 0 moons to 6 moons. Apprentices? 6 moons to 12 moons. Warriors? 12 moons... ______ moons. Cats can die, they can become handicapped and forced to retire or they simply can stay warriors until retirement. Elders are mostly older cats but some kits, such as blind ones, may become elders. Young apprentices who become handicapped or warriors may even end up becoming elders at young ages. In the end? Its up to you, the player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DESCRIPTION MANIPULATION: You ever find describing that old picture extremely hard? Well lets break it down into some easy steps.
Steps:
1) What color is the fur?
2) What color are the eyes?
3) Does he/she has short or long whiskers?
4) What about their fur? Is it long? Short?
5) What about their tail? Crooked? Bobbed? Normal?
6) Are they blind? Do they have impaired vision?
7) Is your cat declawed? Do they have claws?
8 ) What kind of cat are they? Tabby? Maine Coon? Other?
9) Is your cat small? Large? Slim? Average?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PERSONALITY MANIPULATION: You ever been in a bind to describe your cats personality? Want the easy way out?

1) Is your cat easily annoyed? Upset? Angered?
2) Is your cat caring and kind or could they care less?
3) Does your cat love to fight? Kill? Or would they rather have peace?
4) Is your cat loyal? Devoted? Or would they betray the warrior code to their own desire?
5) Is your cat shy? Or do they want the world to hear what they have to say?
6) Is your cat crazy? Do they see things? Hear things that aren't really there?
7) Is your cat a clean freak or could they care less about that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strengths/Weaknesses:How to make Examplepaw NOT a mary-sue/Gary-sue!

1) Remember every cat has a flaw, and so thus, yours must to.

Strength Examples: Good at fighting, hunting, hiding, running, catching fish/other animal, playing tricks, sneakiness. Etc.

Weakness Examples: NOT good at: fighting, hunting, hiding, running, protecting, catching fish/other animal, sneakiness, helping others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Likes/Dislikes:What does YOUR character like AND dislike?

1) Remember every character will not like everything.

Like Examples: Playing, fighting, hunting, games, talking, inanimate objects (i.e: Flowers, clouds, grass, tree,), other cats, ___clan, etc.

Dislike Examples: Other cats, other clans, fighting, playing, mean cats, nice cats, games, mind tricks, hunting, inanimate objects, having fun, being disrespectful, etc.

Remember to be creative and that your character cannot and will not like any and everything!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HISTORY IS HISTORY: You ever found history to be the hardest part of a bio to ever make? I'm here to help you out!
1) Where was your cat born at? DuskClan? A Tribe? Loner? Rogue?
2) What was it like the night they were born? Was it raining? Snowing? Mid-summer?
3) What about their parents? Who were they? How did they meet? Was it a secret? A betrayel?
4) How many siblings did they have?
5) If warrior, what was their kithood like? Apprenticehood? Who was their mentor, their best friends? What was their first prey to catch? When was their first battle? How did they feel when they recieved their warrior name?
6) Did they ever go to a gathering as an apprentice? What was that like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this helps! <3

NOTE-- This is copyrighted to this website. This isn't my original work.

Last edited by Scorchwhisker on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rain
Warrior
Rain

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 pm

*Cough* You copied this almost word for word from another site o.o *Cough, won't give the link or name since it's not allowed.*
Just making sure you know that could be considered plagiarism and such o.o
Back to top Go down
http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Yeah, if you did copy this from another site, it's okay to include the link--in fact, I'm asking you to--so you aren't stealing.
Back to top Go down
Rain
Warrior
Rain

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

This is the topic/site it's from.
Back to top Go down
http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php
Scorchwhisker
Apprentice
Scorchwhisker

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:09 pm

O.O I am such a loser. I meant to put work in progress in the title so I could find the link to the website. I had it copied in a word document. I sincerely apologize for this-- this isn't my work, and I didn't mean to make it seem like it. So sorry.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:39 am

It's fine, just be more careful. Also, you might want to PM wip topics to yourself until they're ready, just so you can proofread them and stuff. You don't have to though. :3
Back to top Go down
Scorchwhisker
Apprentice
Scorchwhisker

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Again, I'm terribly sorry and I hope this won't taint any future judgement you might have regarding myself.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Nah, it's perfectly okay. :3 Everyone makes mistakes, I know I have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!   Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to Creating a Good Advanced Bio!
Page 1 of 1