Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
WE HAVE MOVED. Please visit www.forgottenpurrs.forumotion.cc
Forgotten Purrs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Purrs

A Warrior Cats roleplay based on the best-selling books by Erin Hunter.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!

Go down 
+6
Goldy
Orange
Flicky&Ben
Sunny
Rain
Magpie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Empty
PostSubject: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Alright, guys. I'm going to apologize in advance for repeating what you've probably already heard in elementary or middle school, but I'm also still going to ask you to read it.

Lately this site has been getting bigger. We have new members, and we have old members, but mostly what we have are active members. And I'll be the first to say that this is fantastic. We are starting to become one of those forums that people Google to join. And that's probably a bigger step than you realize.

But even small websites have rules, and people will break those rules here and there. And when a forum gains more members? People are going to start breaking rules everywhere.

It isn't going to matter. Half of our rules are small, less important ones. That doesn't mean you should break them, but at one point or another someone will. And so will the important ones. And want to know the coolest part? I'm not going to care. Staff here are going to let it slide, and I'm perfectly okay with that--the first consequence of a rule is nothing, not even an official warning.

So please don't try to hide that you've broken a rule. I have been informed recently of two people who broke one unimportant rule in the chatbox. And when it was pointed out, they didn't apologize, they hid it. I would've let it slide. It wouldn't have mattered, but now, it does.
(EDIT: Alright, so it appears there was a slight misunderstanding on my part. The mistake wasn't hidden, it was . . . slidden? Sliden. Slid. It slid. It was let slide. But I'd still like to know when stuff like this happens. :3)

On a happier note (or is it?), I have slow Wi-Fi and limited computer access when at my father's. It's difficult to read all the new posts, and it's even harder to reply to even a fraction of them. We are going to need new staff members to help manage the site.

Right now the only open position is Mini Mod. Mini Mods only have chat box power--they can't move, delete, edit, etc. the way mods and admins can. And they can't approve characters. But they are important, and can now give warnings as well.
I don't plan on appointing more than four Mini Mods, if that many, but I'm not enforcing a strict limit.

So I don't appoint anyone who doesn't want the job, I'm going to let anyone who wants to apply for it. The only thing I ask is that if you do apply, please try to have more than 50 posts. Try to come on at least once a day, every day--if you don't already, you might be a bit overwhelmed. Because I'm going to ask a lot of the Mini Mods, and it'll take time to do mini mod duties. So if you don't have a decent amount of spare time, think about that before applying.

If you're still interested, please fill out this form. :3 Members who were here before the site was redone will have an advantage compared to those who weren't, but I'm not going to disclude anyone based on when they joined.
(If you don't feel comfortable posting the form where anyone can read it, just PM it to me. I will share it with Dreamer though.)

Username:
How often do you come on?:
Are you an active roleplayer?:
Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?:
Other:

ALSO! Our first (technically third) gathering is coming up! It's scheduled for August 11th, but if anyone can't make it we'll try to change it. After three/four days the topic will be locked, regardless of whether or not the gathering is finished. Leaders, try to choose who is going to the gathering by August 9th. Every member should have the chance to bring at least one of their characters to the gathering.

Just thought I'd include a list of Clan leaders, in case anyone was interested

Stream: Fledglingstar (Magpie)
Dusk: Flickerstar (Flicker&Ben)
Lightning: Wrenstar (Sunny)
Boulder: Slashstar (Orange)

As far as I know, all deputy spots and 3/4 med. cats are open. But if you already have a leader, deputy or med. character you can't have another of either until it dies or you abandon it. :3
I plan on giving SC deputy to HalfKitten, but I'm still testing her for it. She's my sister so I can do that. I'd be able to do it anyway, but I wouldn't feel comfortable.

TTFN

Last edited by Magpie on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rain
Warrior
Rain

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:40 pm

My formmm :3

Username: Rain
How often do you come on?: Everyday c;
Are you an active roleplayer?: Yes! So far I only have two characters though D: I plan on making more though Once I get some good topics and such made with my current ones.
Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?: I'd be a good mini mod because I was here before the remodel, so I'v already got a great idea of the site's layout and style. I'v also been moderator/admin on other sites, so I'm used to the responsibly of helping. I also LOVE To help people. I love the feeling when you can successfully help someone, and help them further themselves on the site.
Other: Hi c;
Back to top Go down
http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php
Sunny
Honorary Member
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Username: Sunny
How often do you come on?: Like 4 + times a day
Are you an active roleplayer?: Sure am. Have four active cats.
Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?:I know DA RULES annnnd I know the site well too. I was one of the first so I should hope I know my way around LOL. I'm pretty laid back but I will get on someone if they keep doing something they shouldn't or make a BIG booboo and ain't sorry bout it. (Or even a little booboo)
Other: I feel weird telling you what I'm like XD
Back to top Go down
Flicky&Ben
Honorary Member
Flicky&Ben

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Username: Flicky&Ben
How often do you come on?: 5+ times a day or more spending on my schedule.
Are you an active roleplayer?: Oh yeah I am. I love role playing. It's pretty much part of my life
Why would you be a perfect Mini: Well im pretty laid back and fun which this site is about. If someone is breaking the Chatbox rules I feel like they don't really care about the site (Unless they haven't even read the rules yet which they should right away). I would give that user a warning and then send you or Dreamer a pm notifying you about the warning do your up to speed.
Other: Well. HIYA!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange
Banned
Orange

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Username: Orange :U

How often do you come on?: At least once a day, when I have access to the internet. I usually come on a lot more then once. I don't like getting behind on things, like posts, becasue then I have to read a bunch of comments and it gets messy and stressy :[

Are you an active roleplayer?: Like I said above, I like to stay active on topics that I have access to, so yeah. Not really in the chatbox though. That's a bit weird.

Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?: I know the rules. I'm an easygoing person, so I know what to let go, and what to report. I'm not a stickler for staying as straight as possible to the rules, so the members won't feel weird about saying things around me (Not that I break the rules, I just don't give big lectures like some people do on other sites :T)

Other: I'm good at grammar and spelling, so that's something. Also, math... I'm quite good at math...
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Username:Goldy
How often do you come on?:Everyday. I usually stay on for at least an hour, and log on multiple times per day.
Are you an active roleplayer?:Yes. I have about 6 active characters which I roleplay just about everyday.
Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?:I know the rules of the site very well, and I was also here before the site was redone. If someone was to constantly break one of the smaller rules, or if they broke a bigger one, then I would report the user. Also, I believe that I'm a fun person. Overall, I think that I am a fun, responsible, and honest person. (:
Other: I am a mini-mod on another site. ;3
Back to top Go down
Little*Dreamer
Administrator
Little*Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:18 am

"(If you don't feel comfortable posting the form where anyone can read it, just PM it to me. I will share it with Dreamer though.)"~Maggie
woohoo, I'm in an announcement!
" I would give that user a warning and then send you or Dreamer a pm notifying you about the warning do your up to speed. " ~flickyandben
hey maggie, I was mentioned in this entry. I think they should be the mini mod. What do you say? hmm? Oh no I don't have favorites..what are you talking about...psh

on a more serious note. my favorite color is yellow. oh and follow the rules. oh and listen to maggie...most of the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/brickbybrickpro/videos
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:12 am

Oh Dreamer XD lolol. No favorites eh?
Back to top Go down
Kestrel
WarriorsFest Queen
Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Username:Kestrel
How often do you come on?:Atleast twice a day for about an hour each time.
Are you an active roleplayer?:Yes
Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?:If someone broke the rules I'd probably warn them and pm Maggie, giving details about what happened. Im an honest person but I wouldn't be like, reaaally strict about some of the small rules.
Other:I know I just joined and I don't think I've posted 50 times, but then again I haven't checked. I don't really mind if you don't choose me though. :3

Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Deputy
Silverfur

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Username: Liℓypαw
How often do you come on?: 3+ times a day.
Are you an active roleplayer?: Yes, I have two very active cats.
Why would you be a perfect Mini Mod?: If anyone would break a small rule, I would pm Maggie or Dreamer, and if they broke a big and important rule, I would tell Maggie or Dreamer and give them a warning.
Other: I would appreciate if you pick Goldy as one of the mini-mods, she is a really good mini-mod on another site.
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Okay guys, thank you all for applying. ^^ Tomorrow is the last day to, since those who have already applied are the some of the most active members of the site, and if you missed it, you weren't active enough. :P Something like that. Anyway, the day after tomorrow we will start voting, and then Holo, Dreamer and I can discuss. :3
Back to top Go down
Holo
Honorary Member
Holo

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:57 am

Whut Im helping too :3 *did not realize this*
Back to top Go down
Magpie
Administrator
Magpie

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:09 am

Alright, applications now closed. :3 I'll start a vote for the members, and a discussion for the mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!   7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7/22/2012 Update - Mini Mods Needed!
Page 1 of 1